swipe for additional photos
ColdGuard horizontal sliding door is designed for high cycle, abusive applications, and is the workhorse of our product offering.
Chase Doors knows durability is the key to long life in a horizontal sliding door, so the ColdGuard sliding door features a heavy-duty FRP framework, heavy-duty track system with anti-up thrust roller assembly, and molded polymer casings. These “best in class” features all come in either manual or motor operated systems.
ColdGuard is available in single and biparting doors for both cooler and freezer applications.
PERFECTSEAL™ GASKET SYSTEM
Most major cold storage door manufacturers utilize a balloon type seal that is either attached to the jamb casing or the door panel. This type of seal is subject to wear and tear during normal operation and is easily damaged. Unlike traditional cold storage doors where the gasket is on the front face, the PerfectSeal gasket system utilizes a two-ply, fabric reinforced blade seal against the top and side edges of the door panel. This solves a number of issues including frequent replacement of worn out seals, wear and tear on sealing surfaces and gasket damage from impact. It also minimizes air infiltration and moisture problems common to traditional cold storage doors.
SLIDING DOOR TRACK AND HOLD CLOSE BRACKET
Sliding cold storage door systems have to stand up to extreme conditions and heavy usage every day. Our SD (standard duty) and EHD (extreme heavy duty) track systems have been designed to perform reliable for years with virtually no required maintenance. Our SD model is designed for smaller to midsize doors (manually operated 4" thick doors for openings up to 8' X 10' wide or less) while the EHD model is ideal for any size door in the most abusive environment. An optional hood system is available with all slide door systems. Manual doors come standard with an adjustable track mounted hold close bracket. The hold close device prevents “bounce back” on manually operated doors.
The roller assembly with built in anti-lift device allows for easy installation and will retain its adjustment even when the door is bumped, eliminating any secondary adjustments required. The jack bolt makes it is easy to raise and lower the door for proper height, making the door easy to open and close. Permanently lubricated rollers provide smooth, quiet performance.
THE PERFECT COMBINATION
Combine the PefectSeal gasket system with the ColdGuard track and eliminate the traditional “down and in” closing motion. Traditional cold storage doors have a track system that causes premature wear of the gaskets by pulling the panel down and in towards the gasket when closed. This ensures a positive seal, but makes the door difficult to open. The PerfectSeal gasket system eliminates the need for this, making the door easier to operate. Simple is better.
UNDER PANEL GUIDE SYSTEM
All ColdGuard cold storage doors incorporate an adjustable floor guide system that installs under the door panel. This concealed design eliminates the floor rollers that many cold storage doors require. The under panel guide is easy to install, can be adjusted for a perfect seal, and has a much cleaner look than bulky rollers that are prone to being hit by loads passing through the opening. For more details on this option view the installation video on www.chasedoors.com.
- Specially designed gusseted steel corner brackets are machined to perfectly fit inside the profile of the FRP pultrusions, providing exceptional frame strength and eliminating the need for aluminum, wood, and PVC bracing
- Unique design allows Non-CFC foamed-in-place polyurethane insulation to lock components in place with the fiberglass-reinforced polymer (FRP), producing an extremely durable, insulated panel
- Door panels are available in 4" and 6" panel thickness with an R-Value of 26 and 40, respectively
- Maintenance-free heavy duty extruded aluminum track rail with two 700 pound capacity 1-1/4" wide x 4" diameter double ball bearing polyurethane rollers, rollers backed with a lifetime warranty
- Heavy-duty UHMW under-panel track guides with stainless channel guide the sliding panel as it opens and closes
- Freezer doors have perimeter heat to prevent moisture or ice buildup
- Electric models feature a manual emergency release on both sides of the door to allow access during a power failure, all freezer doors are ETL listed
- All door components including track, panel gasket system, and optional operator are designed to provide years of trouble-free service
- Factory tested and shipped ready for installation
- All doors are custom manufactured to your exact requirements
Designs and Colors
- Bi Parting Horizontal Sliding Electric Door (30.208 KB)
- BPE EHD 1900RLS Freezer Installation Instructions w/ Under Panel Guide (6.314 MB)
- BPE EHD GT Installation Manual Anti Lift (5.003 MB)
- BPM EHD Installation Manual Under Panel Guide Anti Lift (2.727 MB)
- Single Horizontal Sliding Electric Door (30.72 KB)
- Single Horizontal Sliding Manual Door (29.184 KB)
- SSE EHD Installation Manual E-Z-Op (3.365 MB)
- SSE EHD GT Installation Manual w/ Under Panel Guide Anti Lift (4.932 MB)
- Electric Horizontal Slide Door Extreme Heavy Duty with Single Speed Operator (972.312 KB)
- Electric Horizontal Slide Door Extreme Heavy Duty with 1900RLSM Operator (1.14 MB)
- Electric Horizontal Slide Door Extreme Heavy Duty with 1900RLS Operator (1.011 MB)
- Manual Bi-Parting Door Extreme Heavy Duty (767.46 KB)
- Electric Bi-Parting Door Extreme Heavy Duty with Single Speed Operator (971.798 KB)
- Electric Bi-Parting Door Extreme Heavy Duty with 1900RLSM Operator (930.751 KB)
- Electric Bi-Parting Door Extreme Heavy Duty with 1900RLS Operator (940.21 KB)