swipe for additional photos
The Durulite industrial door is the toughest traffic door in the industry. It is known for its ruggedness, ease of maintenance, and long service life. This versatile door is capable of filling the needs of a wide variety of applications. From the daily rigors of forklift traffic to refrigerated applications, to USDA and washdown applications.
The strength of the Durulite industrial is due to its rotationally molded polyethylene construction. Standard tests for impact resistance indicate that rotationally molded polyethylene is five times more puncture-resistant and three times more flexible than ABS material. The corrosion-resistant panel is ideal for washdown applications as it has no gaps or joint seams.
The industrial door is lightweight, weighing only 3.5 pounds per square foot, easy to open, operates smoothly and allows for safe passage of personnel and damage free equipment. The overall panel thickness is 1-7/8", the skin thickness is 1/4" thick and the door can be sized up to a 10' x 10'. Rotationally molded polyethylene outer skin retains it properties to –40°F.
The foamed-in-place Non-CFC urethane core (permanently bonded to the outer surface) does not break down when impacted, provides noise control and excellent insulation with an R factor of 10.83.
The leading and back edge of door are internally reinforced with tubular steel to strengthen the door panel.
USDA accepted durable gasketing is factory applied without the use of metal strips or fasteners, making it easy to replace in the field.
Double-acting v-cam hinging system operates smoothly and is virtually maintenance free with its permanently lubricated needle bearing roller assembly. Optional stainless steel hinge is available.
For additional strength and durability the hinge is designed with pillow block constructed of zinc plated ductile iron (stainless steel is optional) with a UHMW sleeve and solid cast aluminum lower hinge adapter. Plus the lower hinge adapter has a provision for mounting an optinal spring assist.
1/8" thick polycarbonate window with black frame is recessed a minimum of 1/8" from the face of the panel to protect the window's surface from abrasion caused by passing loads.
- Hinge Guard
- Impact Plate
- Cart Guards/Rub Rails
- Security Lock
- Double Pane Window
- Kick Plate
- Spring Assist
- Push Plate and Pull Handle
- Hold Open Device
- NSF Tested and Certified
- USDA Accepted
Designs and Colors
Disclaimer: Due to the variety in computer monitors, and lot to lot raw material variations these colors may not show an exact representation. Actual samples should always be requested if color accuracy or matching is key to your decision.
- Parts Drawings for Durulite Industrial Traffic Door with 90 Degree Hinge (505.214 KB)
- Parts Drawings for Durulite Industrial Traffic Door with 180 Degree Hinge (485.324 KB)
- Canebolt Hole Position on Header (94.461 KB)
- Reinforced Upper Hinge Seal (88.078 KB)
- Durulite Industrial and Standard Hardware and Window Kit Drawing (515.253 KB)
- Durulite Industrial Solid Riser Installation Instructions (723.154 KB)
- Durulite Industrial Standard and Security Door Top Seal Installation Instructions (650.248 KB)
- Durulite Industrial Standard and Security Door Top Seal Installation Instructions Updated (535.385 KB)
- Aluminum Hinge Guard with Baseplate Installation (86.745 KB)
- Bumper Installation (78.608 KB)
- Canebolt Installation (170.491 KB)
- Door Stop Installation Instructions (206.161 KB)
- Installing on Un-level Floors (60.841 KB)
- Jamb Mounted Hold Open Installation Instructions (218.941 KB)
- No Rise Installation Instructions (499.604 KB)
- Spring Assist Installation Instructions (147.266 KB)
- Weldplates Installation Instructions 90 Degrees (158.321 KB)
- Weldplates Installation Instructions 180 Degrees (439.482 KB)